Thursday, September 8, 2011

Britney Spears Talks Latest Single, What She’d Do Differently


 

Today, we all know Britney Spears as one of the biggest pop stars of our time, but thirteen years ago, she was a sixteen-year-old unknown about to release her first single. “…Baby One More Time” would go on to be a international hit for Spears, with her debut album of the same name going on to sell over twenty-six million copies worldwide.
In a rare interview with the pop princess, now twenty-nine, Glamour Magazine UK asked her what advice she would give her sixteen-year-old self. “To have fun,” Spears said. “I was having fun then, but in the beginning I think I was fearful. So I’d just say, try to embrace moments more, have a good time with life, and don’t take it so seriously.”
The unsinkable performer has certainly made this her year. Spears kicked off 2011 with her hit single “Hold It Against Me”, which went straight to number one after debuting in January. The spring brought more success for the Grammy winner when her seventh studio album, Femme Fatale, also debuted in the top spot on the Billboard charts. This summer, fans have been treated to seeing Spears live during her well received Femme Fatale Tour, which she will take overseas this fall. Just last week, she appeared at the MTV Video Music Awards where she was honored with not only the statue for Best Pop Video, but also the coveted Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
So what’s next for the music superstar? More of the same. When asked what the key to her longevity is, Spears said, “It’s because I love what I do and I don’t take myself so seriously. I’m on this journey and I’ve had so much fun so far. I genuinely have a blast and I really don’t listen to the critics.”
Listen for a remixed version of Spears’ latest single, “Criminal”, to be released on the radio soon, with a music video to follow. The always-hardworking performer already has the clip planned out, telling MTV, “It’s really different and it’s nothing I’ve heard before, so I really wanted to deliver this song. I was thinking of a really cool concept for the video just to make it interesting. You’ll have to see.”
Being a Britney fan myself, I couldn’t be more thrilled at the choice. She’s right about it being different – not only has she never recorded anything like it, but you’d be hard pressed to find something similar from any pop artist out there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment